Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saturday cleaning

Saturday I spent the whole day cleaning in my garage. Well, I did stop a few times to go to ball games. (There will be a post later about the ending of another season of baseball) I had a few weeks ago set my goals for the year and cleaning out boxes was one of those goals. So far, I have accomplished two of the goals on my list. I have not finished the sorting of boxes but I made a big dent. I am trying to make room for the food storage I am working on and well, I just am a packrat. I cleaned out 8 tubs and one big cardboard box. I only filled 6 back up and threw away the box! Yeah for me! I found the coolest antique canning jars at a yard sale Saturday and bought all 12 of them and they now house all my lace, trims, and scraps of ribbon. That was so fun filling the jars and now they look so cool on my shelf.
It is an idea I saw a long time ago in a magazine and was doing it with regular canning jars but these just make it so much nicer. I love antique kitchen stuff if you can't tell from my kitchen. I also now have a project tub that was fun to sort and put together. I had things scattered all over the place. Now they are all together for my someday craft projects. You know the ones I will do when everyone is in school and I have nothing else to do all day. The next big project to clean out are the church files of teaching materials. I sort of did that when we moved but now I am really going to weed it down. The last part and most daunting for me are all the kids papers. I have a few tubs of things and a couple of filing cabinet drawers with stuff. I am feeling very excited about the whole process though and it is a very good feeling getting everything organized.

Also, Saturday we picked our first strawberries. The little strawberry plants are so full of berries and they tasted so good. It seems just a few are ripening each day, today we got a few more. I hope not to many get eaten by the critters outside before we get them picked and on our cereal!

4 comments:

Aundrea said...

Yay! The sun finally came out enough to ripen a few:) I love the canning jars too:) Good job on the organizing...come over to my house when you're done!

Michelle said...

I love that jar idea- they look great!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Spring cleaning sounds great, you got alot done! Could I be after Aundrea? heehee

The Original TomKat said...

By the way... this is Katie Doty...Hi!I have to tell you, I love your Season of Plenty blog...Tommy and I just bought our first house and are trying to get our storage in order. I wanted you to know that that it's great to be able to keep in touch with your family! Take care!