Friday, June 27, 2008

Eat the yogurt!

Conversation in the car with Noah, Taylor, Hayden and Autumn:

Noah: Mom you need to lose a little weight maybe, sort of.

Mom: Noah that is really rude, Are you saying I am fat?

Mom: (Seeing a very large woman crossing the street - not to be rude) Now Noah, that is what I would look like if I was fat.

Noah: Smile on face because he is embarrassed.

Autumn: (from the very back seat) Mom, you should eat yogurt!

Mom: I don't like yogurt, it makes me gag.

Hayden: I think she saw the commercial about losing weight by eating yogurt.

Autumn: Mom, you should eat yogurt!

Mom: Autumn, I don't like yogurt. I like frozen yogurt, but not the kind that helps you lose weight.

Noah: I never said you were fat, I just said that you could lose some weight.

Mom: I have had eleven children Noah. After your wife has eleven children I don't think it would be wise for you to tell her she needs to lose weight! I think I look pretty good. I have tried for two years to lose this little (20lbs.) of extra weight. It won't budge!

Autumn: Mom, eat the yogurt.
Taylor: Mom, eat the yogurt.
Hayden: Mom, just eat the darn yogurt.

Mom: You just don't get it - I GAG!

Autumn: Well then, if you want Noah to keep calling you fat, don't eat the yogurt. It's your body!

Sadly, Noah is probably right. But I like to think I am doing OK with the weight thing. It is an issue, but I do not want it to define me. I exercise - I try hard to eat right - I feel good (most of the time). Someday I will be surprised and I will start to lose again - but for now I just can't bring myself to "eat the yogurt"

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Boy, they really gave you the high pressure sale on yogurt! Do they secretly work for a yogurt company? I think you look great!

Paige said...

You look fanTASTIC. I wish that chocolate made me gag...

Toshia said...

yogurt or yogart? Andrew says spelling is essential :) I think you look great, maybe add yogurt to a healthy smoothie? Just a suggestion so that Autumn can be proved wrong!

Anonymous said...

Like I said, he will feel so bad he said that some day after he sees the changes his wife will go through after just ONE pregnancy!!!! You really do look amazing after 11 children, so skip the yogurt and have a slice of cake :)

Rochelle said...

I love how they all started pushing the yogurt. Of all things yogurt was pretty random.