Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A few days at the beach


We love the beach. We go at least six or seven times a year. The last few days we spent at the beach playing in the sand, going to the pool, a tiny bit of shopping, eating good food. This time David had to stay home and work, but I got to take five of the kids and we had a great time!

One of the the things that the kids always seem to do is dig a gigantic hole to bury someone in. Everyone got buried at one point or another. This hole was for Autumn. She was so "esited" (excited) to have it be her turn!

Here she is buried to her neck as happy as can be. She stayed that way for a little while. Finally she broke her arms through the sand and then everyone helped to dig her out. Autumn loves the beach so much. From the time she was a baby she has loved the feeling of the sand. Not all of my kids were like that. If you set them in the sand they most likely would cry. Not Autumn. She was the happiest sitting and digging and crawling around on the sand.

On this day the sun was out and even though they are jumping in the waves the water is very cold! I was taking pictures and did not notice a wave coming and got wet first hand! And believe me it was cold!

Chad and Noah ventured out the farthest but did not stay that long in the water.

Here everyone running and jumping, Hayden was back by me. She had had enough of the cold water.

I love this picture with my girls. Autumn had buried my feet and was trying to bury Taylor's as well. We had a great time and I got a lot of projects done as well. In the evenings I sewed three aprons. One of them had embroidery on the bottom. I will post pictures later as soon as I take them. They were so fun to make. I also read some of a book that was done for book club a couple of months ago. We did a lot of other reading together as well. The sunsets were beautiful and it was so awesome to wake up to the smell and sight of the beach. This has been one of our greatest blessings our beach house. It was fun to have the younger kids all to myself, but we did miss David as his love for the beach out does all of ours put together!!

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Im so ready for the beach! Im glad you can all get away and enjoy each other!

Paige said...

How fun! It looks like everyone had a great time. I love the pic of Autumn in her hole!

Michelle said...

What fun memories! Looks like you had great weather!

Jodi said...

The beach is one of our family favorites as well! We love it! How wonderful to have a beach house to go to. Glad you had a great weekend! Looks like soooo much fun :)