Friday, June 13, 2008

Last Day of School

What a crazy long day! I had anticipated a lot of activity but I was overwhelmed to say the least. This was Paige's 18th birthday. We will do the party Sunday on father's day when everyone is here. My day started as usual. Walking at 4:45am. Scriptures and prayer. Then the chaos began. An emergency trip to Walmart for female products for one of the girls. When I got back lots of arguing over a pair of leggings. Then some face wash was missing and you would have thought someone had robbed a bank. For heavens sake, it's just face wash - use a bar of soap! (me not being very patient at the moment) David calls me at about 7:20 - "What is going on there? Taylor has called me twice." I tell him "I have it under control" (I think) and to "have a nice day" (away from all this choas) "I love you!" Finally everyone to school. I get ready for my 8:30 Relief Society meeting knowing I had to leave early for Taylor's awards assembly. I cannot find the camera anywhere! I know I had left it on my desk. Trying not to be angry because I had just given lecture 459 on not yelling because something was not where it was supposed to be (the face wash incident) I got in the car and was only a few minutes late to the meeting. Quickly did my part then left for the school. Parking was very difficult as it seems everyone here must have a 3rd grader getting an award. The assembly was great! Taylor received the Explorer award - outstanding student of the year in her class. I did get pictures because Jenn lent me her camera but they are on her camera and so I will post those later. Then I took Paige around to drop off a few job applications. Play group was at 10:30. Autumn and I head to the church and find that the missionaries are having a game of basketball in the gym. Do I ask them to leave or figure out another place for the kids to play? They were kind and saw that we usually use the gym so left and were going to finish their game after lunch. Had a great time at play group. Made a quick stop at the bookstore to pick up a book I had ordered. Went to two garage sales on the way to pick up Paige and then picked up all the kids from school. In between dropped off more applications. Took Chloe to work. Got everyone home with the promise that when I returned from getting Chads haircut that I would have the most magnificent after school treat because it was the last day of school. Took Chad to get his haircut, decided to cut mine as well. Did not have time to get any color done so made a future appointment. Went to the store picked up a pizza and stuff for rootbeer floats. Got home and got Noah ready for the youth activity (Chad was still not feeling very well and Chloe was working) and Autumn ready for swim lessons. Went to swimming and dropped off Noah. Everyone enjoying the pizza and ice cream - kind of a late after school treat turned into dinner. Enjoyed swimming. After I got home made David dinner (pizza was gone) then took Paige to her friends house for movie night for her birthday. Went to Walmart and walked in the store and completely could not remember why I was there! Finally after going up and down a couple of aisles I remembered I was looking for the drip pan things for the stove. I am glad I thought of it - not sure if that was the real reason I went there - but I needed those really bad anyway. Got home read at least a dozen books to Autumn but when I looked around there was Chad, Hayden, Autumn and Taylor. How sweet it was to see that they had all just come in and cuddled around me to hear the stories. Fell asleep cuddling kids, woke up this morning on the couch with Hayden. Everyone else must have gone off to their own beds. With the way this things got started I did not expect this sweet happy ending to my day!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm tired just reading about your day! I'm glad it ended on such a sweet note.

Aundrea said...

Ditto to what Michelle said! (and I think I'm busy...whatever)

Toshia said...

you give me so much to look forard to in parenting teenagers and youngsters together :) I want to see your hair!

Paige said...

What a sweet family you have!! Holy cow, I need a nap after reading about your day!

Rochelle said...

I can't imagine how mnuch you do and how fast you go, sometimes all I can do is get out of bed!