Thursday, June 19, 2008

Night on the River

Today was great! I got my hair done (finally) while Toshia took the kids to swimming, went to town and got that work done, read to kids, played with kids, and got the library summer reading bags for kids. While I was at the library I decided to find out about the "13 nights on the river". Well, I got Taylor to go with me for tonight's concert. I know that if the other kids really knew what it was they would be so jealous and want to come but I was not going to twist anyone's arm. Taylor and I had our date and then for some reason I had the idea to call David and see how close he was to home and well he was pretty close and he came and joined us. The three of us had a great time by the river, enjoying the great music, people watching :), and eating some of the great food served by some of the vendors down there. David was not so sure he wanted to be with the crowd of people after working all day but he said he really enjoyed it and will do it again! I have gone a couple of times over the last few years but tonight just had to be the funnest ever! Probably because I did not go alone and spending some one on one with my Taylor
was what I needed to end just a great day! Having David show up and liking it was just one of those unexpected bonuses you get when life is good:)

2 comments:

Aundrea said...

We went last week and really liked it, but I wasn't about to take 4 kids with me alone last night:) I'm glad you had fun with Taylor! She is the sweetest girl!

Jodi said...

We have never been...but it sounds like fun. Maybe we could join you one of these nights?