Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Swim lessons



Autumn started swim lessons last week. And boy, was she excited! You do not know how long she has waited for it to be her turn. The pool was offering a discounted price on lessons to train new teachers. It was perfect for her! She really has been having fun and learning a lot. I signed all three of the little girls up at the gym for daily lessons after school is out. I like that pool better and it is outside. Taylor and Hayden have loved swimming at that pool and Autumn has walked by it all the times I've gone to the gym and can hardly wait to go to "mom's" pool. We really have liked the classes there. I think the one thing my older children have said is that I never did the next level of lessons with them. But I remember going to the park and doing the week of free lessons and then doing a couple of sessions and even eating the free lunch at the park afterwards for several summers. The problem always was that most of the time I was pregnant. So I am sure there were some times when I just didn't get them signed up. I know they all at least had the first lessons. So, I was thinking to be a better mom of these younger three and making sure they are strong swimmers. Maybe they will want to do the swim team - maybe the olympics - well, for now just getting across the length of the pool for Autumn will be like winning a gold medal!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

How fun watching them learn. It's great that she is so excited and not afraid at all!