Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's working!


Today while picking up I found this book on the floor. I sat down for a minute to look at the illustrations. Autumn walked by and said "Hey, do you want to read that to me sometime?" I said "Sure". She started to walk off but then stopped looked at me and said "How about right now, I'm not doing anything. That way you won't have to try to remember to read it to me later". Now how could I resist her big blue eyes. I said sure and for the next five minutes I had her undivided attention. When the book was finished she was off to play outside. As she opened the door to go outside she looked back and said "You can read the rest of all of my books tonight before I go to bed - I'll be back!". I thought to myself how wonderful a blessing books are right now at my house.

1 comment:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Happy Last Day of school! Happy anniversary and thank you for introducing our family to Mercy Watson...we love that little pig. Hot buttered toast is the best@