Friday, October 31, 2008

We are Grandparents!


Yesterday at 4:27 pm Toshia gave birth to a new baby boy! Our first grandson! I am just so excited. Words cannot say how I feel at this moment in time. I knew that this was the week he was going to make his entrance into the world but nothing prepared me for how I was going to feel about all of this. It is simply amazing.


When I held Jonathan for the first time I was filled with such emotion and love for this sweet boy. To think he is here because I first had Toshia. (She did amazing by the way) As you can guess I love babies, having had a eleven myself. There is nothing like the feel of a newborn in your arms. All the hope and love of the world are right there before my eyes as I held that little guy! Getting to share in the experience made everything even more special. Andrew was very patient with Ashleigh, Chelsea and I. (Toshia also had her good friend Amy there). Just before Jonathan was born Andrew looked over at me and said, "In just a few minutes I will no longer be the only boy in the room". Then it hit me all day and the evening before he had women surrounding him - the nurses, us, even her doctor! He is such a great man and good father. Jonathan will be going home to two great half brothers who will love and adore him. Andrew has shown how much he loves his other boys and I know is more than excited to have Jonathan join their amazing family. When I got home I sat down with all the kids and showed them the pictures on my camera. Adrian was so happy and said to me, "I love being the big brother - I am Luke's big brother and I have good practice". That was so sweet.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of many wonderful grand babies to come to our family!





8 comments:

Aundrea said...

Congrats, Grandma! I love seeing all the pictures of you with him:) We are all excited to meet him!

Paige said...

Yay!! Congratulations, Grandma! He sure is a handsome guy!

Gina said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby. He is a cutie. His birthday is the same day as Lauren's. I was glad that she wasn't born on Halloween. I didn't want her birthday to be overshadowed by the holiday.

Michelle said...

How exciting! You are such a special family for that little one to join. He's really lucky to have you for a grandma!

Jodi said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for the whole family! What a special little guy joining such a wonderful family!

Ps...You are one hot Grandma :)

Lynn Boyle said...

Congrats Candy and David!!! He's beautiful!! I'm with Jodi you do make one hot Grandma:) Congrats again.

Rochelle said...

How neat! Congrats! I can't wait to see him!

Marie said...

Congratulations! He's looks like a nice healthy boy - I'm glad Toshia did well.