Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fun creating going on here

I just finished a lot of sewing projects during the month of September. I had a bazaar that I did this year and made 15 aprons and a number of other things for. While wondering what to do with some of my scraps I came across a pattern for these adorable crayon roll ups. At least that is what I am calling them. I am going to use them for some stocking stuffers and gifts for grandchildren. I was so excited about them and how easy they were. I just love when I can figure things out and it turns out.

Also, for Chloe's birthday she wanted this bag. She had picked out the pattern (Amy Butler) but had a hard time finding just right fabric she wanted. Once she decided on the fabric then the rest was up to me to complete. I had it cut out for a while but with the other things on my plate I actually did not get it made until yesterday while she was at school. She just loves it! Thank goodness because her other present was not as exciting - snow tires! David gave her a cute card and cut out tires when she read it she thought she was getting rims and when she was thanking David he looked over at me and said "I don't think she knows the rims don't come with the snow tires". It was kind of a funny moment as he did not want to break her heart, but also could not bring himself to buy rims for her little car. When she realized it was just the tires she was like " Oh, I guess that will be OK." You could tell she was trying not to look disappointed but she was not as thrilled as she would have been if rims were involved. David was funny because he just looked at me after she left and said "I should have used a different picture, I almost cost us a lot of money". I just smiled and thought how kind hearted he is and how hard he tries to please everyone.
Well, there are lots more things I have planned to create and hope to make this a pretty much homemade Christmas this year. I have done that in the past and those are my favorite Christmas seasons. I always have a harder time making things for the boys, but never have a hard time coming up with girly girl things - I wonder why that is?

5 comments:

Aundrea said...

Those roll-ups are so cute!

Michelle said...

Those roll ups are adorable!

Nicole said...

I wish I had the sewing ability. I just don't! Believe me I've tried.

Jodi said...

Your grandkids are going to love those roll-ups! And that bag you made for Chloe is so cute! I bet she loves it :)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

All of your projects are adorable. I am going to start a little sewing project tomorrow, I may be calling for some assistance. That is a cute little birthday tire story. I'll keep a look out for cute handmade boy things.