Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our boy turns 21


We could not believe that we had a boy! When Seth was born we were so excited to have a son join our family. I think David's face says it all. Although really every picture of him with a new born baby he has the same sweet face. Seth Henry came into this world really fast. I only had 45 minutes of labor at the hospital with him. No one believed me when I said that it was time. The nurse said I just checked you, it will be a while. Then I had David look and he said to her then why is a head coming! Boy, she was running around and their were no doctors around and yelled to the intern in the other room to come in and he barely caught him. Well, that was the last time Seth was in a hurry to do anything. The fun thing about Seth is how easy going he is. I just love that about him. He really was such a good baby!

His sisters could not believe that we brought home a "baby boy doll" to play with. I should have known that they had big plans for this baby brother. Many times over his first few years they would dress him up and put make up on him. Seth did not like that to much but played along. He has always been a good sport about things. Seth was a my boy through and through. He did not like other people holding him and he was so fun to cuddle with.

Seth has grown into quite the young man. We are so pleased with his work ethic and his talents in sports and art and music. He does not like to work but when he needs to he really does a great job! We have been told by many people what a hard worker he is. He is our number one baseball player and the one thing I regret is not getting to see him play more. His other talents he shares only occasionally with us. Seth I love you so much and you have taught me and brought into my life sunshine and love. Happy Birthday "little man"

2 comments:

Aundrea said...

If you would've stopped after Seth, our families would be the same 3 girls then the boy. I don't expect to follow the rest of your pattern, but hope to follow your example of being a great mother:) Happy birthday, Seth!

Michelle said...

I can't believe how grown up he is! And boy you guys sure have a lot of birthdays right in a row!