Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Words of a Prophet

This afternoon I spent some time looking at a variety of tributes to President Hinckley that were sent to me from various sources. I have put this off for a few days. I knew that it would overwelm me. I knew that it would touch me and move me. My thoughts were full of his words. His words that I had the privelage of hearing many times. Sometimes I heard them in person, though I never met him. Sometimes I heard his words over the television or radio. I have listen to CD's of conference talks and had repeated in my ears his words over and over. I have read his words in the many books he wrote or articles he had written. I heard his voice as I read his words. I have repeated his words in lessons taught and in conversation with friends and family. I have sung his words, his testimony that is published in our hymn book. His words have moved me to action. They have inspired me to "be a little better, to stand a little taller." They have strengthened me through the low times in my life. His words have helped me appreciate the beauty in my life. As I ponder back to all the many words he has spoken, I can honestly say every word uttered in some way testified of our Savior. May I live my life forever more changed by a prophet of God and his words.

3 comments:

Aundrea said...

I love how when I read President Hinckley's words I too, can actually hear his voice in my mind;)

Toshia said...

I loved this! Mom, thank you for being the example that you are to me and instilling a testimony of and love for the prophets.

Nicole said...

His funeral was beautiful. You could feel the love everyone has for him!