Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ringing in the New Year



I know I just posted about Noah's birthday, but I wanted to let him have his own post and not mix it with our New Years trip. Anyway, we just got back from an amazing week at Lincoln City. It was not the greatest weather but I love it when it is stormy at the beach. We went to "Pig N Pancake" for breakfast one morning. (We usually do this every time we go to the beach.) Since Autumn was sick a couple of weeks ago she won't eat sausages. This was her all time favorite breakfast food until she got sick. It was funny to watch her order and try to not get any sausages because she was sure she would get sick again. After breakfast David took us down on the beach in the car. I was a little worried but I guess the kids say he does this all the time and drives "really crazy". I guess I wasn't supposed to know that. I secretly liked doing "cookies" on the beach. New Years night David and I went to dinner at "Kylo's" then came home watched some football played "apples to apples" and waited for the new year to come. Everyone made it to midnight except Hayden. She passed out about five minutes till. When she woke up the next morning she wanted to know why no one woke her. One outing that we love is the public pool at Lincoln City. It is really a nice facility. David took everyone one one afternoon while I scrapbooked. Of course he listened to the Oregon game on a small radio he carries with him. The night I went I took Hayden and Taylor. They have really become quite good little swimmers. I finally got Hayden to swim with her face in the water. She was so happy with herself. She would go as far as she could and then look back to make sure I was watching. Of course, we hit all the sales at the outlet mall and Toshia and I hit both scrapbooking stores. I did wake up Monday morning with the left side of my mouth all swollen. I guess I have an abscess or some kind of infection. Tomorrow I am off to the dentist to get it fixed. In the meantime it is great to have daughters working for doctors who could help me long distance. Called in a prescription and by Monday afternoon the swelling had begun to go down. It really didn't hurt but I was uncomfortable. Hopefully, all will go well with the dentist tomorrow. All in all I think the Weitzel's started 2008 off on the right foot. With everyone home from all their trips and safe I could not ask for more. Now I have to work on that resolution list.....

5 comments:

Toshia said...

Love the blog mom! Thanks for the shopping trip to the scrapbook stores, I needed it! I look forward to all the projects we can do! Good luck with the dentist tomorrow, you will be just fine. And don't forget to show up early to dip your hands in parafin, it feels awesome!

Michelle said...

That looks like a wonderful way to ring in the new year! Especially the shopping part!

Aundrea said...

I'm glad you had fun at the beach! That's too bad about your tooth, I hope you feel better tomorrow after the dentist appt.! I loved looking at all the pictures:)

Paige said...

Looks like a VERY fun week! Everyone got to do things they loved. :) Sorry about your mouth. Ouch!

Jodi said...

Oh man...that looks like SO much fun! I LOVE the beach and a stormy beach trip is even better (except when you are camping)! I hope everything worked out at the dentist and that you are all drugged up and pain free :)