Saturday, January 19, 2008

Winter Ball




"The Winter Ball" day has finally arrived! Chloe has been looking forward to this event for several weeks. This is her first big dance. She planned it with several of her friends and they all went together. The first part of getting ready was at our house. This meant Ashleigh and Chelsea had to come do hair and makeup. Toshia helped out by watching the three little girls for us. Then off to Kiana's house to get dressed and take a few pictures. Then on to Brennan's house to meet up with everyone and take more pictures. It was nice to meet all the parents of the kids and it was so cute watching the dads get so involved in all the picture taking. David was in Portland with the boys at the temple so Chelsea came with me and helped with the pictures. Chloe had a little trouble pinning on Brennan's boutonniere. His mom tried to help and finally I helped out and it finally stayed on. To Chloe's credit the pin they gave us to use was not exactly a boutonniere pin and it made things a little difficult. Some of the other kids had trouble with their flowers, a couple of buds fell off some of the corsages, but I was able to help and used toothpicks to put their things back together. (Homemaking night comes to the rescue - corsage making class) They ate dinner at Stanfords and then to the dance. They are meeting back at Brennan's house for after dance snacks. I am glad this day has finally come. Chloe was a little obsessed with things. All she could think about this week were all the final details of things. But today she was smiling and happy. I'm glad everything went as she planned. I can hardly wait to hear how the dance went and how fun her evening was. She looked gorgeous! She didn't even need her fairy god mother to come and rescue her:)

7 comments:

Paige said...

She looks beautiful!! I remember those dance days. It seems that NOTHING is more important than all the little details. I hope she has a fantastic time!

Rochelle said...

HOW FUN I SO REMEMBER THE DAYS!Her dress btw is so cute! And she looks darling! I hope I get to hear about it, it'll get me prepared for Tresa in a few years!

Aundrea said...

She looked gorgeous! I hope she had a good time! Now everybody can relax now that it's over;)

Jodi said...

Wow...she looked stunning! What a beautiful girl. I hope she had a great time. You will have to update and give us a few details :)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Stunning! How fun! I hope she had a wonderful night!

Nicole said...

Now I know why I don't have any daughters!!!! There is no way on earth I could let my drop dead gorgeous daughter date! I think I would be a psycho Mom and not let a boy near her. Chloe looks beautiful! Gorgeous dress.

Toshia said...

SO, right now I am a little irritated that you didn't tell me the reason you needed me to watch the little girls was because Ashleigh and Chelsea were coming over to help, nice. I am feelin the love right now.