Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy 'Build a Bear(Dog)" Birthday


Last night we had all girls night at the "Build A Bear" workshop
for Hayden and Taylor's birthdays. Well, everyone except Toshia,
Andrew came home yesterday and so she could not make it. We
missed her but the party had to go on. We are glad that
Andrew is home!

First Taylor was up, she picked a cute little puppy for her "bear".
They stuffed it for her and she put the heart in.
Next, Hayden picked a cute little pink poodle for her "bear".
Even though pink is no longer her favorite color she still
tends to see pink when it comes to princess stuff.

After the Bears were stuffed it was on to the bath tub.
They are given an "air" bath to clean off any excess stuffing.
After the bath then the girls went to a computer and made
out their birth certificates. Picking out the animals was so much
easier than picking names. Hayden had an idea right away, but
Taylor was having a hard time. Her sisters helped her out and I
think they came up with cute names. Hayden named her dog "Fluffy"
and Taylor named hers "Lola" After they were officially born it
was off to pick out the most perfect outfits. You think girls
picking out what they are going to were each day is a challenge,
try picking out the most perfect three outfits for your "bear"!

After everyone was happy with their purchases we
were off to Red Robin. The girls loved that we
told them it was their birthday and loved being
sung to and getting ice cream. The balloons were
just as much fun as the ice cream!


Now that the newest additions to our family were home and
dressed it was time for all of us to go to bed. Everyone was
pretty tired and of course we all had to get up for school.

Now these are the kind of pets I love, you don't have to feed them or
clean up after them. My kids would love a real dog more than anything,
but that isn't going to happen. So for now these adorable dogs are
going to have to do. I have two very happy little girls who are going
to be the best mommy's in the world. But let's let a few more birthdays pass before the real deal:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! Everytime I pass that place in the mall I see happy little kids loving the process of building their own pets. I really should take my boys there sometime, assuming they cater to the male gender, too :) Happy birthday to your girls!!!

Aundrea said...

That sounds like so much fun! It looks like everyone really enjoyed themselves. The last picture of Hayden and Taylor is so cute! I can't believe Toshia missed the party;) I think it will be fun to have girls night out with my girls!

Toshia said...

sorry I couldn't make it, I knew I should have left Andrew here by himself! JK love ya, see ya later

Kelli said...

I love Build a Bear. We did that when Kasey was born so that Cameron could give his brother something in the hospital(Kasey had one for Cameron too) They are both favorites around here!

Jodi said...

Oh...Build a Bear! What a great idea! Looks like you had a great time. Happy Birthday Taylor and Hayden!

Rochelle said...

I have always wanted to go in and build a bear. One of these days I am going to do this. Maybe I'll put it on my bucket list.

Happy Birthday!!