Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hayden loves Dr. Seuss

I love/hate late opening days. I love the not rushed mornings and how there is actually time for everyone to get ready without the usual stress. I don't like how my morning schedule for myself gets all messed up. I can't go to classes at the gym. I miss violin lessons. Any meetings I might have are all pushed back. So it shortens my day. Today I was frustrated because once again I was going to miss violin. But I came down stairs and caught Hayden doing something that has been a real struggle for her. I caught her reading! Yeah! Hayden has struggled with reading mostly because she is a little bit lazy. She just wants to know the words and not do the sounding out part. So reading with her has always been a real struggle. But lately she seems to be reading everything. I think she finally realized how fun reading can be and now it is her idea and so why not? She loves Dr. Seuss books. (Actually they are some of my favorites as well) I am so glad for this late morning even if I didn't get to do what I wanted, Hayden got to do what she now loves most! I can play the violin anytime but these moments with the kids will soon be yesterdays.

6 comments:

Paige said...

Yay Hayden!! I was frustrated that I couldn't go to the gym, either. Grrrr.

Jodi said...

Cute piture of Hayden reading! I love watching Ben look through books and Dr. Suess is one of his favorites.

Aundrea said...

Good job Hayden! She's always trying to sound things out around my house;)I'm pretty-much done with the late starts too!

Toshia said...

Someday soon it will be impossible to pull her nose out of a book to do anything else. Oh wait, that's me!

Tiffini said...

I am glad she has caught the reading bug. Dr. Suess sure knew how to make it fun. I sure don't miss the late starts...Zach went to school the other day in whiteout conditions.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Seuss is the best!!! He is a character that every child should be familiar with in my opinion :) Make sure and get her one of those Dr. Seuss hats for his birthday celebration on March 3rd at school, even though his birthday is technically on the 2nd. He will be 103!!! You guys should throw a Weitzel family Dr. Seuss birthday party after church to celebrate Hayden's success :)