Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hayden turns 8!


Hayden turned 8 January 16th - so why am I posting this so late - well I wanted to do a double post for her. I did not forget her I was just waiting for the pictures so I could do this. Hayden was a great baby. She seemed to fit in with all this craziness here very well. Being #10 we were very comfortable with her as well. Chelsea took this picture of her - she was in a photography class at the time and developed it as well. This is Hayden's favorite baby picture of herself. Her little personality started to really shine through at about this age. Hayden is a little dramatic sometimes - those who know her would say maybe a little more than sometimes:) But I think it is her way of letting us know that she is around and has something to contribute to our family. As she has gotten older she has learned new ways of being noticed. She is very helpful and loves to do jobs around the house. She loves school and excels there. She loves to be with her older sisters and just hang out. I would say she is learning to leave the drama and handle things that are thrown her way. We love her so much and really can not imagine our little family without her!

Turning eight in our family is very special. That is the year in our church that children get baptized. It is a very big thing for them and Hayden was so excited to have this be her turn. She has been so ready for a while. She loves the church and really wanted to have this in her life. I love this picture that Ashleigh took. We are listening to sweet Sis. Edwards talk on baptism and giving Hayden advice and council. The program was so good. After this talk Chloe and Chad sang a beautiful song "Jesus love is like a River". They did an amazing job and I had a hard time playing for them because of the tears in my eyes! Then Hayden was baptized by her dad and after that Toshia gave a great talk about the Holy Ghost. I really appreciated all that was said and taught that evening. It was so wonderful to have all of the children there and some of David's family and all our friends in the ward. Afterwards, the best part according to Adrian was the ice cream bars!

Here are Hayden and her dad just before the baptism. Dressed all in white. She is so happy in this picture and it was so fun to watch her as all the focus was on her this day. I hope you remember this day for the rest of your life Hayden and continue to make the good choices that will bring you happiness and joy forever!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl! Wish I had been feeling better that night so I had planned better and could have been at the baptism, but it was nice to at least be able to read about it :) I love the way you write, Candy.

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday, Hayden! The baptism was wonderful...I loved the song that Chad and Chloe sang. It was just beautiful! And Ben would agree...the icecream bars were the best ;)

Tiffini said...

Love that picture! Happy birthday Hayden.

Aundrea said...

Happy birthday to Hayden! I agree that she is leaving the drama behind! :)

I loved the baptism program. I was totally tearing up when Chad and Chloe sang that beautiful song!

Rochelle said...

I'm sad I missed the special day but it sounds wonderful!

Happy Birthday Hayden!

Unknown said...

Ya know, this wasn't an easy post to read. Since Mary Beatley was gone a lot I ended up being a sub in Hayden's class when she was 3 till right before I left for college. Then this last year I came back and was her teacher again. It was hard leaving this year becuase I knew all these kids are going to be baptized and I didn't want to miss it, Hayden was definitly a huge help in my class and I miss her.