Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another great weekend and other ramblings....

What a great weekend at the beach! I am so spoiled to get to go two weekends in a row. But it was a holiday and David has this week off. Not only did I have a beautiful weekend I only came home with two kids! What is that you say - not only two kids but the two easiest kids - Chad and Chloe. I have two and half days to myself basically. Is this what it will be like in a few years? It will be nice but I am not looking forward to long days with no noise in the house all day long. But I regress. The beach and an unbelievable winter sunny weekend. Toshia came down with two of her kids and Chelsea and Dan showed up on Saturday (they took a long bike (motorcycle) ride-kind of scary for me to think about). Toshia and I hit some unbelievable deals at the mall and we played for hours on the beach. Toshia made out like a bandit - I on the other hand was trying to be practical and not spend money but I did spend a little. She was so organized and saved so much and in the long run will be better off. I cannot think ahead like that - I have always had a hard time doing that. Like usual though I forgot my camera and so hopefully Toshia will post a few pictures to prove the nice weather. Having no children this morning to worry about I went to violin and then off for my daily three mile run. Yes, I am up to three miles a day more that I ever did even in my younger days (two miles was my limit) I am not going to run marathons but wanting to finally rid my body of the last unwanted baby pounds before I turn a half a century old (still a couple of years off- but I think it is going to take that long) I am kicking it up! I do feel better for it though and should have been doing this all along. Thanks to Lynn for showing my how to get to this point - I don't know if she knows how much I was paying attention - anyway, I am enjoying uninterrupted time at the computer and thinking what should I do next and it is starting to hit me how much of my life centers around the kids. It is good - really good - but I am coming to that stage in my life when kids will all soon be in school all day - WOW! If you think about it, by the time Autumn goes to school all day (not next year -half day - but the next) I will have been taking care of kids for 29 years! Holy Cow! I know I will have my occasional fix with the grandchildren but still I need a really good hobby - or a much needed nap?

6 comments:

Jodi said...

I vote for a nap!

3 miles a day...VERY impressive and you look AMAMZING!

Lynn Boyle said...

ohhh! you don't have to thank me you are doing it all on your own..your awesome and when are we going to go together for a run:)

Krista Lou Cook said...

Hey! Darilyn and I went to the beach again also!

Darilyn said...

What a fun time. I'm glad you got to go and spend that time together. I got to spend time with my sis at the beach.

Rochelle said...

You are smokin' girl!!!!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

How wonderful to have a little alone time. I am so impressed that you are running three miles! You ROCK!