Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Taylor


This is Taylor Kelleen on the day she was blessed. Grandma Ardee had bought her dress for her. I was worried it would not fit as she was kind of a chunky little thing. She was born this day January 26th 10 years ago. I had dreamed of her many times. After I had Noah I knew there was another little girl supposed to come to our family. But as the stars never seemed to line up she came three years and one month after Noah. Some people might think that is not unusual but for me it was. I had even gone to the doctor to have him give me something to conceive. He kind of thought I was a bit crazy - but after examining me really had the giggles because he said "Sister, I think you are already pregnant I don't think there is anything I can do do help you out!" I was shocked - I had no idea - Boy, did I feel silly but I also did not believe him but after the usual test came back positive it finally sunk in. I was so excited. I literally feel like I prayed this special spirit here and frankly Heavenly Father could not have sent a sweeter spirit to me. She has such a quiet disposition and really has a special heart. There is a little side note that here that I would like to add. Taylor was my biggest baby 10 and a half pounds! She stretched me to the limits and was three weeks late. I had an old fashioned doctor and he did not believe in inducing unless there was some risk to baby or mom. So along with her taking her sweet time to be conceived she took her sweet time in coming out to be in the world:) She was worth every minute of the wait to get her here!

One of the things Taylor always did when she was little was sit on my lap while I played the piano and hold her hands on mine. Usually this kind of thing would have driven me nuts but for some reason it never annoyed me. I think that her gift of music and love of playing the piano come from that experience we shared together. I love hearing her play and she tries really hard to get the music right even when I really challenge her (I am her teacher - sometimes that is good and sometimes not - I always know if she is doing it right or wrong). Taylor loves school and church and her friends. She is very loyal to those she likes and loves. She is the calming soul in our home and I am so glad that she finally decided to come to earth - I am amazed that it has been ten years - where does the time go? Love you Taylor, Happy Birthday

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Taylor!

Darilyn said...

Very sweet tribute to your daughter. She sounds wonderful.

Tiffini said...

My younger sister's birthday is Jan. 26th too! Happy Birthday Taylor!

Jodi said...

Happy Happy Day to Taylor! What a sweet girl :)

Toshia said...

Happy birthday Tay Tay! (Ummm, I believe you have another daughter born in January and I did not see her birthday post yet...love ya)

Nicole said...

What a precious baby picture! She is such a nice girl and a great example. Happy Birthday!