Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Spiritual feast

Sunday was such a spiritual day for me. It was quite unexpected. I did not begin the day on the right foot - I forgot it was fast Sunday and made a huge breakfast for everyone. (Celebrating the later start time) I know, how could I forget but I did. I thought, "Oh, this is great - what a way to start the new year!" But amazingly the day got better not worse! I felt so lifted by fast and testimony meeting. I kept thinking about what good people we have in our ward here and how hard they try to keep going forward even when things are very hard. That gave me a kind of hope that I had not felt in a while. Sunday School was good. Our new teacher did a great job and I am going to love studying the Doctrine and Covenants this year. Relief Society was going to be hard for me. I was teaching. I had worked on the lesson for a few weeks but still felt like it was not coming together. Earlier in the morning (way to early to be up on a Sunday morning) I once again spent time on it. I think really what threw me off a little was Paige's desire to come to church with us. She had called Saturday and asked if she could spend the night and come to church. I was taken back a little but said sure. She was so sweet. I did not expect her to stay for the whole meeting but she did. I kept thinking how am I going to teach this girl - especially this lesson (It was on the organizing of the Relief Society) I knew what I wanted her to hear but would the spirit be there to do the teaching. I think it was! She reacted very positively to what was taught not only in my class but all Sunday. There were times I thought I am not connecting the points the way I had planned. But afterwards I thought about it and it was connected the way the spirit wanted it to be. I am so lucky to belong to such a wonderful, beautiful "cause". I have a greater desire to be better as a sister in the Relief Society. This circle of sisters I am connected to at this time in my life is amazing. Many prayers have been answered through them. We ended the day with a baptism of a sweet little boy in our ward. What a neat way to end a perfect (well, almost perfect - remember the breakfast?) day! It was a spiritual feast for me all day long despite my mistake with breakfast:)

9 comments:

Rochelle said...

I too enjoyed the Sprirtual feast on Sunday. Thanks for all your hard work put into your lesson.

it was nice to see Paige.

Aundrea said...

I heard your lesson was really good...I'm sorry I wasn't able to hear it. I was happy to see Paige for a minute too:)

Michelle said...

I loved your lesson on Sunday! I felt very well "fed", and touched by your words. Definitely a great way to start the year.

Jodi said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day! I got to see Paige on my way out the building :)

PS...I know where to come for breakfast next Sunday morning ;)

Anonymous said...

I miss your lessons. Thanks again for coming to Bailey's baptism :)

Tiffini said...

I am glad the day turned out so well. Hopefully, it is the beginning of a year of Spiritual feasting.

Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

I miss being able to slip into R.S. like I used to. Unfortunately, my new calling won't allow me to do that. I did enjoy sacrament meeting, though.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

It was a spiritual feast. I love to feel the spirit. I was delighted to see Paige. Thank you for filling my cup.