Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Word- 2009

For the last couple of years as I have set my goals I have chosen a word or phrase to help my during the year. Last year my word became "JOY". On many occasions as I saw the joy in things I was able to deal with things and just be a more "joyful" person. It seems that as I have thought about it this year I have had a hard time just coming up with one word. So I decided what the heck, there are no set rules to this, why am I trying so hard to make it just one word. Sometimes it takes me a little while to realize I can do things my way:) So this year the phrase will be "Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much" I know it not a new concept but for some reason I have seen or heard it many many times this last couple of weeks. It hit me yesterday that I needed to be listening better and grab it. I made stacking blocks with the words so that I can see it everyday as I do my chores in the kitchen. I am in there alot. As far as my 2009 goals go I have a few that I would like to do this year and they center around these sweet words. I am hoping by living these words I will be better at the many different "hats" I have to wear each day.
  1. Live each day - I don't want to waste minutes with unimportant or non-inspiring thoughts. Fill my day with more creativity and use my mind more to learn new skills.
  2. Laugh at all the craziness that surrounds me - As I see the humor in it I will be glad to be living in the moment. Laugh more with those I love. Have more fun!
  3. Love the way that I want to be loved - speak softer, speak kinder words, show my love more with more service and most of all be more forgiving.

So my goals are general and not as specific as in years past I hope to continue to stretch and grow both spiritually and mentally. (If I would have said physically that would mean I would have to gain back the pounds that I have been working so hard to lose:) - oh, a laughing moment!) So I will grow my mind this year!

9 comments:

Rochelle said...

I love your word *words*! I love the idea of this, It really makes you think about your day and what to be more aware of.

Michelle said...

I love your saying for the year!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Love them! That is one of my favorite saying!

Aundrea said...

Love the words! It really does help you to keep your goal in the back of your mind each day.

Tiffini said...

I love that saying. I was going to do that on my walls in my house there but never got around to it.

Nicole said...

That is one of the best sayings! I'm jealous of your blocks. It must be nice with Toshia having a vinyl sticker machine. (I'm assuming she printed it out for you?)

Anonymous said...

I love that saying! I have it on some frames that I have never got around to putting up in this house, but will hopefully at some point!

Jodi said...

Love the words...love all the little reminders of the words all around your house already! You go girl!

Lynn Boyle said...

I don't make this public knowledge but those words are what my Japanese tattoo is on my back mean. now you know i have a tattoo. good words to live by candy.oh by the way your beach weekend look sooo fun. see you monday