Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving week


So my mom and John went home yesterday afternoon. They spent the last week celebrating the holiday with us. It was so much fun and we really enjoyed their company. My mom is wonderful to have around when there is cooking to do because she knows all the things to do. I am a "modern" cook. I don't do much totally from scratch. She on the other hand, loves to cook (or at least I think she does because she does it so well) so we did a lot of cooking Wednesday and Thursday. We had done all the shopping for food on Tuesday. What was really fun is she doesn't mind all the little helpers we have around here. They each were given a task and worked hard together to do what needed to be done. We had enough food to feed an army - oh wait we are an army - and everyone enjoyed the food as well as the company of each other. We did miss Ashleigh and Paul as they were Arizona for a wedding with Paul's family. On Friday mom, John and I ventured out to do some shopping. We did not get up early - but Toshia and I did a little shopping on line at midnight if that counts. Saturday David took the kids and went to his brother's house to watch the civil war game. While he was gone I cut out some of the presents I am going to be sewing this week. Sunday was a beautiful day. We were lucky to have little Jonathan blessed at our home and family and friends came to watch the event. Papa John wanted to participate and with Andrew's and our families let alone their friends there was a houseful! It was so neat. Of course, we had lots and lots of brownies and ice cream and pumpkin pie and some left over cheesecake. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I sure was happy to see everyone. Monday night we had FHE at Toshia's house and she did a great job with the lesson. Afterwards everyone got a turn on the WII (I think that is how you spell it - ). Tuesday we just cleaned and got ready to go to the airport. This morning was really quite as everyone got up and ready to go to school. Autumn and I were quite lazy and took a while to get up and get going. (I had been up of course, but it was fun to lay back down with her after everyone left and have our girl talk). I have a meeting this morning and this evening. I miss my mom around. The sweetest thing Chloe told me yesterday was,"I am really going to miss grandma, last night we were talking and I realized how much I miss having grandma talks. You know things that you can only tell your grandma." I am glad that the kids get to spend as much time with her as they do with her living so far away. It is wonderful to have phones and computers to stay in close contact. We talk at least three or four times a week. We love you mom and John. Thank you for coming to our part of the world to share you Thanksgiving holiday with us.

3 comments:

Aundrea said...

I'm glad you got to spend so much time with your mom! I know the girls were counting down the days until she got here:) It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Michelle said...

Your mom sounds so neat! I'm glad you guys had such a great visit!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to spend some quality time with your mom. How special. You seem to have such a neat family!