Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I love to see the temple...

What a beautiful morning at the temple! I went with Kathy and we did a session and then we attended Alyssa's wedding. I love going to temple weddings/sealings. I always learn something. Also, I was trying hard to really pay attention while I went to learn more so I think that helped me to hear what I needed today. One phrase that keeps running through my head that the temple sealer said, "We are watching the organization of an eternal family." I don't think I have heard it put that way before. I thought back to when David and I took Ashleigh to the temple when she was 1 month old to be sealed as a family. Did I really know that I was at the beginning of organizing an eternal family? No, I don't think so, but as I grew in understanding and have come to the place I am at now I really do understand how important it is to be organized in this way. I sat by Sis. Quinn for a few minutes in the chapel before we went into the sealing room and we were studying the scriptures for a few minutes. Actually she was and I was just looking on and then made a comment on one of the scriptures and that led to a quiet discussion. I love her insight and hope that she shared with me. I really can think of no other place I want to be more when learning more about eternal families. The scriptures are so plain when teaching principles of obedience. I thought back on all the changes David and I have made over the years as we have become more obedient while on this journey of organizing our eternal family. It has been hard and we have made lots of mistakes along the way, but with those mistakes came repentance and forgiveness and a love found that could be found no other way. We have a family goal of meeting at the temple in 2015 when Autumn is old enough to do baptisms. Right now not all of us are going to make that goal. But I pray that most of us are there at that time and that they see and feel how that special place is where eternal things are learned and felt. Nothing is more special than seeing your son or daughter making covenants in the house of the Lord. I am so grateful for the temple and that we have a place to begin our "organizing" of families. I want to work harder at having my children know and feel that the temple is where they need to go. I know I have had many many prayers answered through the power that is in the temple. What a happy Tuesday to feel that peace and love once again!

No comments: