Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crazy week going to be OK

What a crazy week so far. I have been hustling around here trying get everything done before the Relief Society dinner tonight, part of which takes place here at my home. I have had sick children all week. I have lots to do to finish my holiday presents. So even though I had a great weekend of relaxation I have really been feeling out of sorts trying to get everything done on my list. (All will be well after tonight - I can just work on my gifts and I have no more calendar events that I am in charge of.) But still, I am sort of feeling the stress of things this week. This morning as I was studying my mind wandered back to Sunday. I had a great Sabbath. I had been studying last week about the sacrament. So when I went to Sacrament meeting at the coast I was really able to feel and participate in a way you can do when you don't have little ones crawling all over you and older ones being silly. I have to say I felt the spirit in a way I had not in a very long time. I was thinking this morning how grateful I was to have that time to ponder and feel things of a spiritual nature. My heart aches so much now for Paige as she has chosen once again a path that is not going to be good for her. I have been studying a lot so that when I need to use the spirit to help her I can. The meeting I attended was not any more special than my own ward - it was that I was prepared. Prepared to feel the things Heavenly Father wanted me to know right now. That is what I am trying to do so that when I need to deal with things Paige throws at me I am prepared. Not just physically but spiritually. Even though I have tons to do and feel like my plate is full right now I am grateful that I take the few minutes to study, ponder and pray early each morning. When I provide opportunities for Him to teach me then I can handle all the craziness of my life. It helps me to LOVE all the craziness of my life. When my heart begins to ache and I feel bad I can pull out that part which comforts me and I can get back to what I need to be doing and not stay in that sad place. What a blessing this gospel of peace is! To think a small babe came to this earth so long ago so that I can feel the peace and love I need when I need it is sometimes overwhelming to me. I really feel that this holiday season is going to be one of the best ever - mostly because of my attitude and the sweet people I get to share it with!

4 comments:

Aundrea said...

I'm sorry some of the craziness was caused by my sick child! I hope everyone is on the mend and that you can get the things on your list done!

Lynn Boyle said...

Hey there, Hang in there, i know tonight will go well for you. Weeks like the one your having are very challenging, we've all been there. i wish i had the magic answer except to try to sit back a minute, reflect and realize some things are in our control and some things are not and to be able to accept it as it will be. You do so much Candy and every thing you take on you put in your best effort which to me make sit a success. I'll be praying for Paige to find her way, and to get back on the right path for her. i also wish i had a answer to that as well. miss you and hang in there.

Marie said...

It all came together! I loved all your Christmas decorations.
It's nice to step back and appreciate little moments of peace and direction in among the busy routines and challenges thrown at you by kids. You're a good example to me for hanging in there and finding ways to be loving and supporting of the child - separate from the choices. (not worded so well, but I hope you know what I mean!)

Michelle said...

I hope that things will settle down now, and you can find time to enjoy your final Christmas projects. You are always such a great example to me of perseverance and faith, thank you!