Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Autumn turns five


So I can not get my dumb computer to work the way I want it to this morning and I am giving up on trying to get the scanned picture to work for this post.( I will edit later on with her baby picture) Autumn turned five years old last Friday. We went to the coast to celebrate her birthday. She is such a character. She could not get to sleep the night before she kept saying she was "so ecited" (that is how she says excited). Finally at 12:30 I told her if she did not go to sleep she was not going to five and the birthday monster was going to come and take away her birthday. (was that mean or what, but I was exhausted). She soon was sleeping and woke up at around 6:00 . When she came downstairs to let us all know she was five now she said "I don't really feel 5, I feel more like 10. I have been feeling like five for so long now that I just feel at least 8!" What a funny, funny girl. We did not have cake for her birthday she only wanted sloppy joes, barbque chips and orange soda and lots and lots of ice cream! So of course, I honored her request. The weather at the coast was beautiful and we had a great time down on the beach. Then because she thinks she is so special and that my mom coming on Monday was just for her we went to the airport to pick up my mom and papa John. She hasn't really connected that Thanksgiving and her birthday will always be celebrated around the same time. Needless to say on Monday night we had her "birthday" party with everyone coming out to celebrate with pizza and of course more ice cream! We just love this little girl and we are so glad she has come to be with our family. She adds the extra little something to all of our lives and forever keeps us laughing with her sweet little stories and thoughts. Happy Birthday autumn - we love you!

3 comments:

Aundrea said...

Happy Birthday, cute girl! I always love hearing the things that come out of her mouth:)

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday Autumn! I can't believe she stayed up that late and got up that early!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Autumn! She is such a crackup! I really hope that she and Rowan get married some day, they would have the funniest kids.