Friday, December 19, 2008

Meet Walter


Meet Walter. A couple of nights ago when David got home from work he took the kids outside to build a snowman. Hayden had made a couple of small ones, but they wanted to build one that was really big. So they took her two little ones and added more snow and made Walter. Why is he named Walter you might ask. Well, Autumn said that because he was wearing a tie he was a business man. And of course, all business men are named Walter. He works in "You Nork" (that is how she says New York). The girls had such a great time building Walter but I think the biggest kid out there was David. He had been waiting all day to come home and play in the snow.
I just thought I'd throw this picture in because I don't think I have ever taken one when the lights are on. It is a little orange but David did a great job with the lights this year!

Back to the late night play in the snow. David also wanted to go sledding and so when Walter was done he took the girls out front. (Sorry for the blurry picture it is hard to get them while they were sledding) Up and down our hill they went. Autumn finally wanted to come home because her fingers were so cold. She told me as we were walking back down the street to the house that "Dad was taking to much turns anyway and she just wanted to go inside." The other girls piled on and had a blast sledding with their dad. After a while I went and asked if he was ever going to come in and when he found out it was 10:30 he said "What am I doing out here - I need to get to bed". He has worked until after eight every night this week. Tonight he got home after 9:30. When you are one of Santa's elves you work late hours this time of year:)

5 comments:

Lynn Boyle said...

Walter is huge! Jake made 2 small ones and Tanner made one with the large body and a tiny head. I am enjoying the snow while it's here. As long as i can escape to the gym I don;t think we will be getting cabin fever.

Aundrea said...

I love Walter from You Nork:) I think it's very cool that Dave came home late and still played with the kids in the snow. He's a good little elf:)

Tiffiny said...

I think there has been an invasion of huge snowmen in the neighborhood this year. Maybe because there was so much snow the builders just couldn't bear to stop rolling the balls! Paul was the last on in the house a few days ago too. Reliving childhood I guess!

Jodi said...

Walter ROCKS!! What a good dad to come home late and play with the kids! Jamie brought home tubes on Saturday night after working like 90 hours last week and took Ben out in the dark for some late night fun on our little hill. With Jamie it's a cross between being 'the best dad ever' and 'still a kid at heart'! Glad you guys are enjoying the snow.

Lorna said...

Wow, those lights on your house look so straight and pristine-not saggy or loopy at all! That's great:). Glad you guys had fun in the snow!