Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What could be sweeter than this?





Last night after FHE the kids still had a lot of energy. David was home early for once and so FHE was over at a decent hour. The kids went out to play a little ball in the backyard with their dad. Chloe even wanted to play catch and I don't think I've seen her pick up a baseball in quite a while. Taylor and Noah of course were out there too. (Hayden was sick inside with the flu, poor girl). Chad opted to be the photographer. The cutest thing ever though was a few minutes after they were all out there Autumn came running in the house saying "Hold on guys, I'll be right back." Then she caming flying by me with my baseball cap on and a whistle around her neck. I asked "What are you doing?" To which she replied, "I am the coach, you can't have a game without a coach!" I just had to laugh and I hoped that the whistle would not get to annoying to any neighbors. She really had fun trying to keep everyone throwing the way they should. The fun only lasted just a few minutes as it was getting dark. But as they were coming in and putting things away I kept thinking about a song that I had heard yesterday, "Sweeter Than This" (I have it on my playlist now). And really it just cannot get any sweeter than this: A perfect spring day, Daddy home early, FHE without any arguments, and A little baseball in the backyard:)

3 comments:

Toshia said...

that looks like a lot of fun! Autumn would be the one to try to run the show though, too cute :)

Jodi said...

SUPER sweet! Sounds like a perfect evening :)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Now that is my kind of FHE! Sounds wonderful.