Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day


Happy Birthday David! Happy Mother's Day to me! What a great day. All the children came and celebrated with us. They cooked dinner. Made dessert. Brought presents. It was the best day ever!

David has wanted some particular things for a long time. This year I wanted to make sure he got a few of the things on his list. Thanks to Chelsea and Seth he got his rock polisher he has wanted. He had one a long time ago but wore it out I guess. It has disappeared. I got him the hummingbird feeder he has wanted forever! And Toshia and Andrew and Adrian got him his crochet set that he has wanted. The funny thing he says about that is he doesn't remember the rules he played as a kid being what the directions say they are. Humm.....he couldn't have possibly made up any rules to give him the advantage could he?.....Ashleigh gave him an awesome picture of the grand canyon she had taken over spring break. The little kids made cards and Hayden was very proud of the granola bar she wrapped and said would be very healthy for him. It was fun to share the day with David and with all the children. Future posts will share some photos of the presents in action.
I loved all the sweet gifts the kids gave me as well. I love the homemade cards and projects made from school. David had two dozen roses sent to me. First time ever if you can believe that he has ever done that. He has picked flowers for me or bought them from the vendor on the street corner but never had them delivered. That was special. Seth gave me a couple of bracelets. Ashleigh an Oil Diffuser. Toshia and Andrew gave me a book on the parable of the ten virgins and Adrian a picture of himself (very handsome grandson I might say) But, I have to say this year Chelsea and Dan did something though that was extra special. My father has acted in several feature films. It was a hobby I guess of his. Anyway, a movie that he made in the 1970's was one of his biggest roles. It has been very hard to find. Not exactly a big box office hit. Anyway they were able to find it on VHS. Another time I will post more about it but for now I just wanted to say thank you to them for taking the time to look for it. It means a lot to me!

Thank you children for everything!!!!!! We love you all very, very much! Our family would not be complete without each and everyone of you.

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

Sounds like a great day! Happy Birthday and Happy Mothers day! You both have so much to be proud of!

Aundrea said...

Happy birthday and Happy Mother's day! Sounds like it was really special!

Toshia said...

Whatever, I see how it is. At least I didn't give pictures of myself yet again! jk :) Happy mother's day again!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Happy Birthday Dave. Happy Mother's Day Candy. I look forward to hearing more about your dad's movie days. That's is interesting.

Jodi said...

Wow...it was a big day at your house! I'm glad you were surrounded by your beautiful family! Happy Mother's Day to you!

AND...Happy Birthday to Dave!

Sarah Chapman said...

Candy will you send me your email address. I cant find it because I want to secure my blog and I know you read it.
sarahchapster@gmail.com