Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A beautiful fall day!

I just have to share that I am experiencing a wonderful beautiful fall day. There are so many things that I am thankful for and want to do a sort of thankful countdown to Thanksgiving. I have been creating an advent type of blessing calendar but wanted to do the same sort of thing on my blog. I am so not talented to create wonderful side elements on my own so will just make a list that will be added to daily. My goal for the next year is to learn how to create page elements and buttons and so forth on my own. A lofty goal for me but maybe with a little help from my friends:) I can do it. When I first woke up this morning and was walking in the rain - I know it was very early and I did get wet this morning - I was just overwhelmed with thinking about how this voting day is going to end. Then as we did scriptures, prayers, breakfast, getting everyone out the door, violin lessons, homeschool with miss Autumn and I went to answer the door (another check for Super Saturday (Yeah!)) I saw how beautiful it was outside as the sun was shining and fall was everywhere. Then just a few minutes later rain and dark skies. Isn't that how it is - the wonderful mixed with the gloomy rain! I know the sun will come out again, it is not gone forever and the rain is so necessary for the earth to be beautiful. I also know that however today's election turns out that Heavenly Father is watching over us. We will be alright! My thoughts and heart and prayers are with my family in California as they fight a worthy fight to keep families as we know they were intended. But again I know that Heavenly Father is watching over and He will win in the end. Happy Tuesday to everyone and remember fall and winter have to come so we can appreciate and hope for the life to come in the spring and summer!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I love November! Thanks for the reminder to look around and see all the beauty that God has given to us and the many things we have to be grateful for.

Nicole said...

I felt gratitue driving up the pass this morning. The trees are beautiful and it just brings a feeling of gratitude. I completely agreed with your post.

Anonymous said...

I stressed myself out too over all the political stuff, but when I just finally realized that I only had so much control, as in I can only do so much with one vote, I felt like trusting in Heavenly Father was truly the only place I was going to find the peace I was looking for. It will be alright, and there is already so much that IS right, that I want to foucs on that, too. We really do have so much to be grateful for!