Saturday, November 15, 2008

Super Saturday Success

Yeah! Another wonderful Super Saturday activity that went very well. I am so happy with all the wonderful creating and sharing of friendship that I saw going on today. It started off with a nice visiting teaching conference. I came away more motivated to be a better visiting teacher. Breakfast and then off to create. I think as I watched everyone it was amazing how it all came together. Everyone buzzing around the gym painting, beading, paper creating, and quilt tying! We were just a busy little beehive today. What warmed my soul the most though really was the quilt that everyone had a hand in making. It was a big request on my part a few months ago to ask everyone to complete a 9 block square. I was not sure how it would turn out. But I was impressed with how many blocks we got back and then when I asked Marion to put it together for us I was hoping it would turn out. I have to tell you it was impressive. We were able to put together a king size and a twin quilt from all the squares that came back! I was moved to tears at how neat it was to know that these quilts really were coming from every sister in the ward. It was neat to see everyone tying and working around the quilt. I had the tables set up around the outside of the gym and the quilt in the center. It was a long productive day and I am so glad that I got to be a part of the beautiful sisterhood in our ward. Now you know me...my mind is on to great ideas for next year....

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love Super Saturday! Thank you for putting in so much time and creative energy on our behalf. It was a great day :)

Aundrea said...

I also had so much fun! I know you put a lot of time and energy into it and it showed! Everything was great and I'm hoping people will love the gifts I made them:)