Monday, November 17, 2008

Scripture surprise!

So I missed gym classes last week due to different appointments that I had. I have been trying really hard to work out consistantly and have stepped it up. So today got up as usual (very early) and walked my two miles with Paulette. Came home did dishes (sometimes Monday morning has Sunday dishes left to do because we have so many with all the kids I have to do two loads in the dishwasher and don't always get the second one done). Got everyone up for family scripture study (let Autumn sleep as she had a very late night last night) - had a great study time - had prayers and we were just ready to get on with the other morning rituals when Autumn runs downstairs goes to the cupboard and grabs a bowl and throws up in it! As I run her to the bathroom I ask her why she did that and she said "I always throw up in that bowl!" Needless to say my visit to the gym had to be put on hold. I tried to bribe someone to stay home and watch her - how bad is that? But I had no takers. I thought it was because they all love school so much but no they just did not want to get sick. So instead of the gym I got to some much needed chores I have been putting off for some time. I now have a clean floor, all the little girls clothes have been cleaned out and summer stuff put away and winter stuff brought out. I only have 1 load of laundry left to do (I have done 3 loads already this morning!) The dishes are done, my room picked up and vaccummed and several phones calls made for my calling. It is now 9:30 in the morning and I am ready for a nap! That is why I have decided to sit down for a few minutes and get caught up on emails and blogging. I also need to get caught up on my online writing class I have been taking. I am three assignments behind. Good thing there is no grading or time limit. I wonder if I have burned very many calories with my busy morning? - I definately need come what may, to get to class on Wednesday! Oh well, when you are living life you can't always get everything done you want!

8 comments:

Paige said...

Oh gosh. You poor thing! Hope Autumn feels better soon and you get your workout in on Wednesday! I am trying to work my strength and stamina back up so I can start going again, too!

Michelle said...

Oh my word, what a morning! Hope Autumn gets better fast and no one else gets it.

Lynn Boyle said...

What did you do with the throw up bowl? i am cracking upright now about that. did she get it in the cupboard? LOL! i feel bad she's sick though been there done that too recently, I guess all the middle school kids are getting hit now so maybe Noah should have stayed home and watch her after all.Chores are good and it must feel good to have a clean house(i need more days for that).I missed you but you'll be back Wed. tell Paige she's ready and needs to come to my class! LOL hear that paige?:0)

Marie said...

It feels so good to have everything in order, doesn't it?! Too bad, for me anyway, it doesn't seem to last very long, always something else to tackle, like you said about living life and not having everything done... Hope Autumn feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor Autumn! I hope she feels better soon and that the rest of you don't get it. Todd and I went through it recently but now we're just trying to figure out what's going on with Zach. I took him in today and they said it's either a sinus infection or his tonsils needs to be removed. I just want to feel healthy again! I know what you mean about keeping up with everything, it's just never ending isn't it?!

Jodi said...

Ugh...what an unpleasant surprise for EVERYONE! Hope she is feeling better today and you were able to get back to the gym.

Aundrea said...

That's. Not. Fun! I hope everyone is feeling better! You could've had her come over here, you know!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Poor little Autumn. I hope she is feeling better. SOunds like you got a workout, just not at the gym. Hope you are able to get back to your normal routine soon.