Monday, November 10, 2008

Super Saturday is this Saturday! I can hardly wait. I have been working on this for a few weeks now. I am glad to be done with all the collecting and creating for this. I am so grateful for my sister who created this wonderful Christmas Planner for me and I have adapted it for our Super Saturday.

We borrowed this idea for the next couple of projects from the other ward. But we did make them our own. And I am so glad Toshia has the machine so we can do the vinyl letters. She is helping to teach that class and I am so thankful to David for cutting all the wood - it was a project for him and while we were having fun at Jonathan's baby shower in town he was here working hard for the ladies.




The candy jar is the class I will be teaching. It turned out so cute. But the glass bowl part was only to be found at Walmart. I searched several other places and could only find it at Walmart. Thank you to Denise for going to several stores out of our area to find the quantity that I needed.
Denise will be teaching our jewelry class and I am so excited to have her as our teacher. She is a very talented crafter and such a great friend!
With just a few small things to finish up I can now move on to my holiday crafting. I have been collecting so many ideas and hope I get it all finished. This little elf has a lot of work to do in the next few weeks. It is going to be a wonderful simple Christmas. I love the idea of the simple part. We did this as a family several years ago (a totally homemade Christmas) and my older kids say it is one of their favorite Christmas memories. Hopefully this one will be listed as a favorite as well. I am also anticipating the arrival of my parents in two weeks. They will be staying with us over the Thanksgiving holiday. I am so excited! My mom is the ultimate crafter and she always can come up with the cleverest ideas. I turn to her for a lot help. It will be fun to have her here in person. This is turning into a very Happy Monday despite the rain falling outside. Lots to do, places to go, and people to see:)


5 comments:

Aundrea said...

I'm excited for Super Saturday! Thanks for all of your hard work putting it together!

andersonhannah said...

I came across this blog when I was searching on how to make my christmas more homemade, I have a desire to do so but has no idea where to start. I was wondering if you might have time, if you could possibly give me some ideas or where to start that would great! To contact me, my e-mail address is andersonhannah71@yahoo.com. Your blog inspiried me to be a better wife and mother, thanks. If no response I totally understand.

Emma J said...

Ditto andersonhannah's remark.

The year we tried to do a homemade Christmas early in our marriage we ended up spending twice as much with three times the frustration. Is this just lack of crafting talent? I would love some simple ideas!

Lynn Boyle said...

Wow that looks like fun Candy. I have a sad bad feeling i wont be crafty this year and there is no excuse except drive and motivation.. i was shopping around trying to come up with something and can't... missed you this week. i am still pretty sick but gradually feeling better. we'll talk soon

Marie said...

I'm sorry I'm going to miss Super Saturday.(but I got an offer I couldn't refuse!)