Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Moments not days




Last night I was organizing all my picture files on the computer. They were so mixed up. When I saw these pictures I was taken back to when my baby Autumn was one. Look at those sweet faces in each of the pictures. She was probably my most happy child. She still is. She blesses us so much and to think that I had the hardest time delivering her and bringing her into this world. She was meant to be in our family! She has always been quite a character. She sees the world with such different eyes than the rest of us. I can't believe she will be 5 in a few months! How the time has gone by. I tell you the one thing I have learned over the years is to savor the small moments. I want to put on my family wall the quote - " We don't remember days... We remember moments." And really that is how it is. I can't tell you about the days that these photos were taken, but I do remember the moment in time that I was trying to capture on film. I did not want to forget any of it. I have lots and lots of pictures of all the kids at all the different ages. When they get a little "out of sorts" with me I hold on to those images and remember the moments of time when I held or played with one of the choice children that Heavenly Father sent to our family. That is what I go back to and know the "out of sort" times will work out and as my older children are examples of - great adults come from these small, cute, adorable, kids. Love you Autumn. I love all you guys!

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

It's crazy how fast they grow it really seems like it was just yesterday not yester year!

Jodi said...

5....really??? I can't believe it. Time really does go by WAY too fast. Such a good reminder to live each day to the fullest and savor the moments. Thanks you!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Thanks for the reminder! It is so true!!!

Aundrea said...

She's so cute! Then and now!

Anonymous said...

I love those cute pictures of her :) Thanks for an inspiring reminder.