Saturday, August 9, 2008

Annual Family Reunion


We just finished with our annual family reunion. This year we went to Kah-nee-tah. We camped in the teepees. We missed Toshia and her family and Seth. They could not make it. For good reasons but they were still very missed. The weather was beautiful. Just perfect swimming weather and wonderful thunder storms at night. The same thing happened last year but this time the kids were not as scared even though it lasted all night and yesterday afternoon we had to get out the pool for about an hour.

We spent the bulk of our time swimming. The water was perfect!! And everyone really had a lot of fun on the slides.
I did not go on it so someone could always be with Autumn and the other kids and David could have uninterrupted fun! Autumn was amazing in the water. She is a little fish! She kept diving down to the bottom in the deeper end to touch the bottom of the pool.

Last night in the teepee we roasted marshmallows. This is always a tradition on our campouts. But I really think more marshmallows end up in the fire than in our mouths. The fun is in the roasting I guess. I have to say this was the cleanest camping I have ever done! There was beautiful green grass outside the teepees and the facility was kept very clean. No dirt to have to keep out of tents or in this case the teepee. I loved it! We have next year all planned out. This is the highlight of my summer the second weekend in August when we all are together and have such a great time. No matter what is going on back home everyone comes and we just have fun and hang out! Next year Toshia will bring her baby and the boys will hopefully get to come and it will be such a great experience to share with the grandchildren. Maybe there will even be new son in laws??:) Whenever we get together it is wonderful but I cherish the reunion times like no other!!




7 comments:

Aundrea said...

Taylor was telling me all about the slides and how much fun she had on them:) I'm glad you had a good, clean time!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Sounds like a wonderful time.

Michelle said...

That looks like so much fun! I haven't been to Kah-nee-tah in years- looks like they've added some fun new stuff!

Gina said...

Sounds like a fun place. Glad you had scuh a great time.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Those slides look way fun!!! I went to Kahneetah in high school once, but I would love to take my family sometime. I think you have re-inspired me :)

Rochelle said...

It's so nice to have family reunions and look forward to it once a year. I might have to look into Kaneetah for our family! Looks fun!

Erynne said...

I love reading your blog. i check it everyday! i miss you guys!