Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Maria's 15th Birthday Party


A couple of weekends ago my niece had her "Quincenera" (celebration of her 15th birthday)
It was so fun. We all dressed up and went to the Crystal Ballroom. Dinner was delicious and the music fabulous. We all danced the night away. It took a little while for the older kids to get out there and dance but when they finally did they did not want to go home. At this event she is given a blessing by her priest and then basically presented to us as a young woman.
Her dad danced the waltz with her and then those who stood with her (like bridesmaids) danced some special dances for us. It was a great show. It was so neat to see Uncle Richie dancing with his only daughter. That made me cry a little at how sweet they looked. Maria has grown into a beautiful young lady and we love her and her family so much. She is so talented and athletic. She was so gracious and very thoughtful all evening.

I think the highlight for all my kids was when Grandma Weitzel got out on the dance floor and danced. She really had some moves! I think she surprised the kids that she could dance. She looked so happy to be part of everything. I didn't get a picture of her dancing because I was dancing as well but I know Uncle Richie got it on film! Here she is with Chloe.

But what really surprised me was how much Autumn danced. She started dancing around as soon as the music started and did not quit until she finally passed out on my lap around 10:30.
All the cousins and sisters and brothers danced with her. I really loved watching her dance with David. She did not care who danced with her as long as they kept moving.

Being with my girls is always fun for me~they are so gorgeous!


Autumn especially was excited about the cake. As soon as she saw it she could hardly wait to eat it. She just kept going over and looking at it. It was so cute!

The whole evening was one we will not forget. A great big thank you to Uncle Rich and Aunt Sylvia for putting on the whole affair. It was lovely and special. The only thing is Autumn wants to know how old she has to be to have her "Quincenera" - she just did not get that first, she had to wait until she was 15 and second she was not going to have one. Finally, she said oh, when I move to Mexico then I'll have one. Then she asked, "When are we moving?" "Not for a while honey" is all I had energy to reply.

4 comments:

Aundrea said...

That looks like one awesome birthday party! I hope you don't move to Mexico anytime soon:) She is so cute!

Nicole said...

What a fun night and fun tradition! Dancing with your girls (and family) sounds like a blast. That cake looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

How fun! It looks like she was in a wedding gown, so that must have been fun for her to get all dressed up like that! No wonder Autumn wants one, too :)

Jodi said...

WOW! What a fun night! Your family sure knows how to throw a party! Your niece is beautiful! Happy Birthday to her.