Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Nine Months Old To Jonathan


Baby Jonathan turns nine months old today! I am amazed at how wonderful this little guy is. We are so blessed to have such a smart and cute grandson! He really does bring joy to our family and everyone just loves him so much. When the kids hit none months I always reflect back at the last 18 months really. It takes nine months for them to grow and be born and then the growing and learning that takes place the following nine months just blows me away! They have to learn so much and yet they just do it - mostly with a smile and effort that I wish I could bottle up. When he was learning to crawl or stand if he falls he just tries again - just gets right back to it until he can do it! We have lots to learn from these little ones. I think that is why this is one of my most favorite ages between about 8 months to 16 months.
During the "heat wave" he has spent a lot of time over at our house so Adrian can swim in the pool. They both loved the pool and got a special treat last night when Grandpa jumped in, with his clothes on I might add, and played with all the kids. It had been so hot officially I think they said it was 106 degrees but it was hotter in some places. I just have to say it is not natural for it to get that hot here where the sun doesn't shine for nine months out of the year:) Oh it shines, but when you are used to rain and sun mixed just straight sun is way to much. I am not complaining mind you but it does make you be sort of lazy - no energy to do much but sit and watch the kids play in the pool and eat Popsicles! I guess that is not such a bad way to spend a summer day in July. Especially when it ends with David giving us quite a show with his pool tricks!
Also, just a quick Happy Anniversay to Toshia and Andrew. Three years! Boy has the time gone by fast - I wish you many, many more years of happiness:) Love you!


1 comment:

Toshia said...

That's my little cutie pa-too-tie! Love that kid:) Thanks for helping us keep cool and sane...lol!