Sunday, July 5, 2009

Marathon results are in!!!


I DID IT!!!!! I finished the race and am living to tell about it! It was one of the most challenging things I have ever done but also one of the most rewarding! I did better than I had set my goals for. And was very pleased with the results.

My time: 2:08:09

In my age division I came in 20 out of 92

My place overall 910 out of 1826

My place in the female category 420 out of 1162

My average mile was 9:47


Here Chad and I are immediately after the race. He did great! I am so proud of him - I know it was not easy but he pushed through and finished. Right at the very end I sprinted across the finish line because I wanted to beat him (His official time 2:08:10) We ran side by side the whole race. He did have to make a short pit stop but I kept running and told him to catch up - I did slow a bit so he would not have much to make up. He said that was hard because he ran really hard to get back with me.

I have to say for the first time doing this (running a half=marathon) we both learned a lot of things. Preparation was key to the whole thing. I am so happy to be able to say I prepared, I worked hard and I finished. Chad learned to prepare more and the finishing part could be a little easier. I also experienced something with him that was very special and I will cherish this little run for a very long time!

6 comments:

Darilyn said...

Candy, I'm so proud of you. You are amazing and you inspire me.

Tiffiny said...

Way to go Candy!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

You ROCK!!! That just gives me shivers!

Susan said...

You completly inspire me. This is something I'm working towards but it feels so far in the future. How long did it take you to train? And what a great time!!! Your awesome!

Toshia said...

I have said it before and I will say it again: YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!

Emma J said...

What a great accomplishment, Candy! And so wonderful that you ran it with your son!