Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Special Foods

How come when school starts the kids think they need all these special foods to get them through the day? Why is it that if the special food they think they need is not in the cupboard they think they are going to starve? All summer we did just fine without some of these items. The job I dislike the most about housekeeping is the food detail. I have often said I love the cleaning, laundry, dishes, all the other chores so I don't need a maid - but a cook - now that is something I wish I had. I spend so much of my time organizing, shuttling kids, cleaning, and having fun that when I have to think about groceries it really stresses me out. So this last week I had Chad go with me so that I bought all the right special food for school. Not only did he pick out the "good" stuff but hid it so that the little kids did not get it for after school. Now he has figured out that the only way anything lasts around here is to hide it - is that sad or what! But at least he is not "starving" anymore. I wonder how long his and Chloe's stash will stay hidden? Around here it seems that if there is something good to eat somewhere everyone can just smell it! They know there is something so the search is on. I just have to laugh as this morning they were checking their stash and trying to decide if they should re-hide it. (Is that a word re-hide?) Maybe I should teach Chad how to do all the grocery shopping and pay him with special food!Then I can get back to my "whatever" I was doing and not be stressed anymore about the subject. -Oh, I would have to still drive him - darn - I guess I still have to do it and learn to love it!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That's so funny! Fuller and Grayson were really unhappy when they found out Rowan has been eating some of the goodies I buy to put in their lunches. They don't think he should get any since he eats at home.

Lynn Boyle said...

YOU KNOW YOU CAN HAVE CLOHE NOW DRIVE HIM TO THE STORE LUCKY YOU LOL

sADLY IT IS NO DIFFRENT HERE AT THE BOYLE HOUSEHOLE IT MIGHT BE EASIER I ONLY HAVE THE TWO THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN EATING ME HOUSE AND HOME. I AM DROPPING 100.00 PER WEEK FOR THE SPECIAL FOODS, OH WELL AT LEAST THEY DON'T TAKE HOT LUNCH BEING THAT THEY HATE IT..FYI I HIDE THE CHIPS IN MY GARAGE PANTRY.

Aundrea said...

I was always the grocery shopper for my mom...she would just send me with a blank check:) I always got some of the GOOD food and stashed it away for myself.

Jodi said...

What are the 'special foods'?! Sounds interesting...maybe I will have to come over and raid your cupboards!

Toshia said...

I don't even live there and I bet I could find the stash! I am always searching the cupboards for something good:) I love ya, but don't forget, we learned to hide it from you...lol!