Thursday, September 11, 2008

SHE DID IT!

Chloe finally got her license today! She tried last month and failed the driver part of the test.That is a funny story in itself. She did not even realize until we were leaving that she had failed. And when it hit her she was devastated! She thought the lady that gave her the test was just talking to me and kept wondering why she wasn't getting her picture taken. It was kind of funny, but she did not think so. She has worked really hard all month and practiced and let her dad and I really drill her on everything. She was great. She took all the advice and really paid attention. I think she knew that we kind of knew what we were talking about:) She not only passed but got 100%! Of all the children she definitely scored the highest. It is such a weird feeling as you watch your little baby drive away all by themselves but at the same time we know this is not the first of the many steps she has taken to grow into the beautiful young woman that she is! It also will not be the end of her "firsts".




As she drove away I was filled with such love and admiration for this child. She really has shown so much maturity and for the most part been a great teenager! Everyone needs a Chloe in their family. Her smile is infectious and it was the biggest, happiest smile I have ever seen on her face when she got in her own car and drove away down the street. I love this time of independence, especially I think for Chloe because she has showed she can handle it. School is going so great for her this year and her work is fun and she says things just feel like they are falling into place the way they should. I told her when you are doing what is right that is how things work out. She still will face many many challenges in her life but with her attitude she will come out on top! Love you baby girl!

6 comments:

Aundrea said...

Congrats Chloe! Not only is this a new found freedom for Chloe...think of all the free time you'll have not having to run the high-schoolers all over the place! :)

Michelle said...

Yeah Chloe! I just can't even imagine ever being ready for Fuller to drive off on his own

Rochelle said...

YAY! Good Job Chloe!

Toshia said...

Whatever! I got like 99% on mine which is practically 100%. I always knew she was your fav child:) Congrats Chloe!

Jodi said...

Way to go, Chloe!!! She's going to look so cute driving around in that car ;)

Lynn Boyle said...

Hey now i am getting caught up on posting comments.. 1st Jodi now you...YEAH Chloe now you can drive over when you babysit... speaking of which i need to call you.... anyway BIG HUGE CONGRATS!!!! hey i failed the written the 1st time (one of the times i realized i had testing axiety) that darn ADHD/OCD in me... I always fail those written tests well except for my CERT.. no worries there..ANYWAY I AM VERY HAPPY FOR CHLOE!!!! and Candy your the best, we need to go out to lunch next week!!!!!!