Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Few Random Happenings

Look at this sweet girl! Could you believe that anyone would forget her? Well, Tuesday was not good for me after school. It was raining, I had a million things on my mind, I had lots of things to get done in a short amount of time and then to top it off I locked my keys in my car. (Autumn locked my keys in my car, let's lay blame where it goes;)) Anyway, it was pouring rain, I left my phone at home. So, Hayden, Autumn, Adrian, and Maika all ran home (and we did run). I left the kids with Paige, ran back to the school and called ONSTAR! Thank goodness for them, my car was unlocked in a matter of minutes. But in the meantime Taylor had called me and said "Where are you?" "The keys are locked in the car" "Oh, my friend Paige's mom says she can take me home" "Oh, great. You won't have to wait, tell her thank you". Well, by the time I got back home it had been at least an hour. Did I mention it was raining? I thought to myself where is Taylor? But thought maybe she stayed at Paige's house because my car was not here. Just as I was going to start looking for her (not planned in my afternoon activities - hunt down Taylor) she called again. This time a little teary sounding. "Mom where are you?" "Where are you?" I asked. "I'm at the pool." "What! I thought Paige's mom was bringing you home." "You said, wait and tell her thank you." Oh, did I feel bad. She had been waiting by the school for now about an hour in a half in the rain! I got there as fast as I could and boy was she glad to see me. I just held her and loved her. She was not very happy. She said that every time a car passed by she just prayed that it would not stop and steal her. For the whole rest of the afternoon where ever I was she was right by my side. She finally went to softball practice and was happy by then. Now on to last night.
We had a cake decorating class at enrichment last night. I decorated my first cake ever! I think it turned out really good. I won't let anyone eat it yet - we just sit and look at it. Or should I say I just sit and look at it. Good thing there were a couple of extra cakes that I could bring home for them to eat! It really was not as hard as I always thought and it was lots of fun to do. Last of all, little words of wisdom from Autumn.
"Mom, when Toshia has her baby you will be the grandma and she will be my mom."
"Mom, I just made you a billion dollar bill, lets go to the store and buy stuff."
"When it rains that means Jesus is crying, when the wind blows it means he is sneezing, when the sun is out he just has a smile on His face."
"Mom, I know that the prophet died, who is that old man talking to us now?"
"Why do I always have to be the last one to go to school, when I am bigger I am going to make everyone walk - then I will beat my teacher to school every day."
"When I grow up I think I will marry Luke - when Toshia is my mom then I won't be his aunt anymore."
"Mom, I had dinasour chickens and teeter toters (tater tots) for dinner tonight."
"Mom, move over I just had a bad dream, you were eating your cake!"
I love this kid! How could anyone not love the stress and hard work of motherhood when you have such payoffs as this!

4 comments:

Tiffini said...

Taylor is adorable. I love those dimples! What a sad misunderstanding.

Michelle said...

Your cake turned out great!

Rochelle said...

Thanks for sharing blurbs from Autumn thats great!
It was nice seeing you last night!

Toshia said...

You didn't tell me that you left Taylor at school! I am glad that it all worked out, thanks for your help this week. You are awesome! (P.S. Autumn is crazy :)