Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Conference

I know it has been a couple of days since conference but I wanted to just do a little post anyway. I loved conference (I always d0) but this one started for me right with the opening prayer. With all that we have been through with Paige there was something in almost every talk to help me and comfort me. It is interesting to me how we can all hear the same talks but they all have such differenct applications for each of us. After studying Jacob this last couple of weeks I was so ready to hear from the brethren. I am so glad that I live here and now when I can have the words from our apostles and prophet. And by the way, wasn't President Monson just so sweet. I told David he was the same but definately different. (In a good way of course). My testimony just grew even stronger about the purpose of the gospel and it's purpose in my life. I can hardly wait until October when David and I get to go to the conference center. We have done this now for several years and it is so special. Last year we met several of our friends from our old stake and it was so wonderful to see how we all come together to hear the words of a prophet. We used to go in the spring with all the kids and those were just as special. Any time we can sit at the feet of our prophet and listen to his counsel brings me great joy!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I think it would be so neat to attend conference. I need to make it happen!

Toshia said...

I really enjoyed conference this time as well. Here is to applying what we have learned/been reminded of!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

This conference really was special. I loved how whoever said the opening prayer of the Saturday session blessed the mothers of the church. Thank you again for the care package.