Monday, April 21, 2008

Autumn gives her talk

Autumn gave a talk in Primary yesterday. It was so cute. She wrote most of it herself with her dad being the scribe while she told him her thoughts. She was very definate about the idea of using a picture of Jesus and one of the new Prophet. It was also very important to her that she tell everyone that Jesus is her friend. David read to me from his journal (dated 12-8-04) "I'm watching right now as our baby Autumn tries her best to no longer be a baby. She walks everywhere easily. She is so happy. It's just amazing to have such a special little girl! All of my children are amazing!" He was saying as he read this to me who she really is no longer a baby and such a gift to our family. I think so to. She certainly know her place in our family though, she can get just about what ever she wants from who ever she wants it from. I guess that is the advantage of being the youngest of 11 children. She was a little "devil" at the temple Saturday. It was so hard to keep her entertained while Toshia and Andrew were being sealed. We were so glad that they finally got to be sealed in the temple and that we got to share that with them. All of the kids came except for Paige and Chloe who had to be other places they could not get out of. Even Paul and Dan came with Ashleigh and Chelsea. It was so fun to see them all there at the temple. We have a family goal to all meet there in 2015 when Autumn is 12. I don't know how many will be there but I think it is a wonderful goal to have! So once again from David's journal - "All of my hopes, all of my dreams are focused on the future. Truely my recollections, reflections and memories of the past, recent and distant are still vivid, but the future is what currently holds my gaze. I see such joy, such promise, such hope. My faith is surely breathing new life into my body and mind! Candy and I are so blessed with such an awesome family." I know his faith combined with mine-our goal can become realized. I, like Autumn know that Jesus is my friend and He knows the desires of my heart.

8 comments:

Aundrea said...

Chloe was telling me what a cute talk Autumn gave. She is such a cute girl! I think you guys have awesome children too!!

Michelle said...

She just puts a smile on my face! I love watching her and "Ty- Rowan". Her talk was so cute and sweet.

Toshia said...

I wish I could have heard her talk! She is such a cutie pie. Thank you to everyone for coming out on saturday. I love you!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

What a wonderful goal...2015! That will be a day to look forward to. David is very eloquent.

Tiffini said...

David certainly has a wonderful way of expressing himself! You have a wonderful family.

sheila said...

Congratulations to Toshia! How sweet that your husband keeps a journal and is willing to share it with you.

Jodi said...

So happy for Toshia and her sweet family! What a blessed day :)
How wonderful that David keeps a journal. It will be a treasure to your children and grandchildren some day.

Lorna said...

Wow, David is a good writer, as well as a good bishop and good father and good example. That's cool. This is a sweet entry, Candy. I enjoyed reading it...