Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 7 - Twelve Days of Christmas


Tonight as we cozy up by the fire with hot chocolate and popcorn we will be reading our new Christmas book. I made a snowman ornament to go with each book.

I love childrens books and have quite a collection of them. The last few years I have been adding to my Christmas collection of books and next year will have enough to do a new tradition. For the countdown for Christmas I will wrap each book and we will unwrap each night and read together before bed. My wonderful friend who shared this idea with me also enlightened me by reminding me of the local library. I have waited to do this until I had 24 books - she just checks out what number of books she needs from the local library to fill in with what she doesn't have. Smart girl!


Happy 7th day of Christmas:)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these ideas...we will give them a try next year. Have a wonderful holiday season with your family.
Love, Kat