Monday, December 6, 2010

10K Run

Saturday I ran in the the first annual "Reindeer Run". I placed 7th overall in the the 10K run. Even though there were not that many runners I was very happy with my time. I came in second in my age category. I wanted to do the 1/2 marathon but I had been sick the couple of weeks before so played it safe with the 10K. I don't know how many more years I will be able to do these fun runs so I want to take advantage of it every time there is one. My son-in -law Andrew did very well also - He came in first for the men and third overall. I hope next year more of the kids will run this one with me - now that would be a race with lots of Weitzels running in it!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Candy! That is very cool!

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

I am glad you did it! That is the church I go to. Maybe next year when I am not pregnant I can participate too :)