Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A treat for myself

It has been a very long time since I have gone shopping for myself. Yesterday I was supposed to be buying work shoes for David and could not find what he needed so instead I found some treats for myself. At first I was not going to get anything but then realized I had earned it. I have lost 19 pounds and wanted a new pair of jeans and some exercise clothes. I have some more weight to lose but I think being over half way to my goal I needed to reward myself. I had a lot of fun just shopping and trying things on. In the end I got two pairs of pants (on sale for $7.00 each) and three sweaters and some exercise pants and shirt. I thought on the way home about how it is totally OK to reward yourself especially when you have worked hard to earn it. I can say no one else around here was going to take me shopping;) Many times I do things for myself when I have worked hard cleaning or de-cluttering an area of my home. Usually it is to create something for my home or buy some kind of new organizing thing - but yesterday I wanted to do something just for me! In January I bought some new bath soaps and lotions - I was so excited to find such good deal on them. So I have decided part of my "live, laugh, love" theme for the year that part of my "living" will be to reward myself each month with a little treat. I am going to set a personal goal each month and work hard on it and then reward myself. I think that all in all the "living" part will be keeping me "laughing" and "loving" all during the month.

6 comments:

Lynn Boyle said...

you deserve it. i am glad you went shopping next time take me LOL. hope to see you friday. you have worked so hard and i am very proud of you

Michelle said...

Good for you Candy! I say that accomplishment definitely deserves a reward!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

You totally deserve a reward you have worked HARD!

Erynne said...

I can hear my mom saying the same thing! haha way to go!!

Tiffiny said...

Good for you. We all need to treat ourselves as a mom every now and then, because like you said, no one else is going to buy it for you!

Nicole said...

There's no incentive like a good shopping trip! Way to go on your goal!