Saturday, February 16, 2008

Heavenly Mother in Training

This picture was taken almost three years ago on Mother's Day. We were living at a rental home while our home in St. Helens was being built. I love this picture! Not because it is the best picture my family has taken but because it hit me at the time what a miracle it was to have had all these kids. Today at women's conference I was asked to speak on Sis. Beck's talk "Mothers Who Know". It was such a humbling experience to get to talk about something that is so close to my heart. I have struggled so much to know if I had and am doing the kind of job my Heavenly Father wants me to be doing. The whole conference today was such an amazing experience for me. I felt the spirit testify to me once more that I am His daughter. I am so glad that I partook of His "living water" today. My heart is so full of my testimony of womanhood. What was amazing to me was some of the comments that I received after the classes. I do believe that I was able to speak to some who needed to hear what the spirit had directed me to teach. I really was feeling inadequate to be teaching this because not all of my children are active in church. I am not alone in this situation. But what I really was taught this week as I was putting the finishing touches on my talk was that a "mother who knows" continues on in unwavering faith. A "mother who knows" gives guilt and disappointment away to the Lord. As I listened to the other sisters that spoke today again the spirit testified this principle to me. I am so glad I choose the "better" part today and was where the Lord could speak to my spirit. To know I am doing my part. I love these amazing children who have been sent to my home. Despite the heartache and disappointment I have felt, there have been many more moments of love and joy and laughter spent with each of them. I thank the Lord for my "trials" as I know that I am only a heavenly mother in training.


9 comments:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Candy I wish I could have heard your lesson. I have so enjoyed getting to know you. You are an amazing example to me.

Jodi said...

We ALL have the awful sickness that is going around or else I would have been there. So sad that I missed it. I loved Sister Beck's talk and can't think of a better person to relay her message than you...A Mother Who Knows!

Paige said...

I'm sure your talk was wonderful. I wish I could have heard it. :)

Marie said...

I missed the Women's conference - that's twice I've missed your talk, darn it! But I enjoyed your post and I appreciate your diligence in 'continuing on in unwavering faith'.

Aundrea said...

Okay so I'm with everyone else! I had to stay home with sick kids or I totally would have been there! How come you didn't tell anyone you were speaking?! You are one of the best women and mom that I know! I hope to be like you in so many ways! (except the quantity thing:))

Rochelle said...

I think you need to give your talk again at church since so many of us missed it... You are an inspiration to me. I have loved getting to know you and learn from you, thank you for all you do and the example you are to all of us!

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!

Toshia said...

Nice pic mom, I look like a total nerd ;) I want to once again thank you for the amazing example that you are to me and to all of us. I am so thankful that I am your daughter!

Tiffini said...

You are a 'mother who knows'! I think you probably have a greater influence on those around you than you realize. We are all in awe of you and your amazing talents.

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to hear this talk! I bet you delivered it so well :)