Sunday, February 24, 2008

Beach Get-Away

David and I got to go away this weekend all by ourselves. We went to our favorite place the coast. It seems we always go there as a family to get away because we have a place there but with just the two of us we got to do some things we haven't done in a while. We hiked, walked on the beach, ate out every meal (this is the first time I have not brought or bought food to cook ever!), and slept in!! (Sleeping in for us is 7:30 or 8:00) The weather was beautiful and we needed the time alone together to just "hang out". I was so disappointed though because my camera broke and so I have no pictures. We went to go and buy one but the one I want is $200.00 and so I guess I have to wait a few more weeks. Our walk on the beach took us four hours! I kept saying you know we are going to have to turn around and walk back, and as we were walking back David said he did not realize how far we had actually gone. The beach front changes with all the different seasons and at this time of year a lot of rocks are exposed. We did our "little" walk at high tide so we got caught up on the rocks a couple of times. We did not find a lot of shells this trip but had fun looking. I love my husband so much and I am so greatful for all that he does for us. He works so hard and our time together sometimes is limited with all of our commitments. It was wonderful to come home and find everything fine and the kids did an amazing job of taking care of each other. Well, except for the little list Taylor made of all the things her brothers said that were mean to her - She wanted to make sure that they got punished for it so by making a record of it they could not deny it - so she thought:) Anyway, I am so greatful for such a beautiful beach and that we get to go away and enjoy the beauty and reconnect. What a lucky girl I am!!!!

7 comments:

Paige said...

Oooh, you lucky girl! I'm glad you had a good time and that the weather cooperated. :)

Aundrea said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. You guys both work so hard and definitely deserved the break to just enjoy eachother! Too funny about Taylor making a tattle-list:)

Rochelle said...

I am really happy you and Dave got to go spend the weekend with each other... I seriouly swell with joy and emotion thinking of how precious and rare those moments are with our husbands, especially once we have a family.

Jodi said...

A beach getaway with your hubby...sounds AMAZING!!! You guys deserve a little one-on-one time together to reconnect :)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Isn't it amazing how a little time away can be so rejuvinating. Thank you for sharing, somehow hearing about it rejuvinates me too. I am glad that a tattle-tale list was the only "bad" thing you came home to. That makes it all that much better.

Tiffini said...

Sounds heavenly.

Toshia said...

I didn't know Taylor made a list! How creative... was I ever that smart?