Friday, December 7, 2007

Top "10" Holiday To Do List

This time of year can be so stressful and I recently talked with a friend of mine and she asked if I had my top 10 list done yet. So I thought about it and decided to put one together. There is nothing more exciting than to cross something off a "to do" list.

1. Make holiday cookies for cookie exchange.
2. Wrap presents already bought and under my bed, closet, garage.
3. Get visiting teaching done early and maybe even a cute little something for the ladies.
4. Go with family and see the Christmas lights.
5. Give one - give one hour of service (hopefully I can give more).
6. Make gingerbread houses with kids.
7. Read Christmas stories with kids at bedtime each evening.
8. Take a picture of each child with their favorite ornament and have them journal with me about why. (Always looking for a cute scrapbook page!)
9. Remember to hug and kiss each child every day even if I'm totally stressed for not getting something done on my list.
10. Study the Christmas story in the New Testament as well as in the Book of Mormon. Let this help me remember the whole reason for this wonderful time of year!

Now that the "to do" list is done I can also get to work on the couple of lessons I get to teach that are coming up. It has been a while since I have had to study for teaching and it is fun to have this on my plate as it helps me focus on specific topics while doing my scripture study. I guess as I really think about it my "to do" list could just keep going and going and going.......

3 comments:

Tiffini said...

Great list! I have to find out how you sized that family picture. I cannot get any picture the right size for the header.

Jodi said...

Love your list! We are sure loving the Christmas binder from Super Saturday. It has become our December nighttime ritual to sit down read a scripture, sing a song and then enjoy a short Christmas story. It has really played a role in helping our family focus on the true meaning of Christmas :)

Aundrea said...

Well, you can cross giving service off your list! You give waaay more than 1 hour to me every week! Like letting Nalani come over to play while I ran errands, or picking my kids up from school, or offering to pick stuff up from Costco for me! You rock!