Monday, December 10, 2007

Cookie Baking FHE Style


So for family night every year we invite a family over to make cut out cookies. Well, for the last two years we have neglected this tradition. I just never seemed organized enough but decided if we didn't get back into this long standing tradition it was going to go by the wayside. This year we had the Edwards family over. They are such great kids and had so much fun with the train under the tree. It was nice having so many older kids they really helped the younger ones with the project that I was not stressed at all. It was so fun to watch as they really got into the whole rolling it out and making a mess! At one point Autumn was on the counter with the frosting just eating it out of the bowl!! I just had to laugh and before I got after her I had to grab the camera and take a picture. Everyone was laughing. But I couldn't pass up the photo opportunity. We got the cookies made and another little project for gifts for home teaching and visiting teaching families. Then we all read two really cute Christmas books that I got this year. ( I recommend them - "Snowmen at Night" and "Snowmen at Christmas") My favorite time was when we all sang Silent Night. It was beautiful! I am so grateful for wonderful families that we get to share our lives with. It strengthens me and helps me as a mother to have friends and their families be a part of our family circle.

7 comments:

Aundrea said...

It looks like you guys had fun! I love the picture with Noah in it...what exactly does he want his cookie to look like? That sounds like a fun tradition.

Tiffini said...

That looks like so much fun! We did cookies for FHE last night too--but just choc. chip/christmas m&m ones (there weren't any big kids to help!).

Toshia said...

sorry I missed the party. Sounds like it went well, next year for sure we will come and help out!

Rochelle said...

I love holidays and the Family traditions! I need to get in gear and do this for the kids or ginger bread houses or something...

Michelle said...

Looks like a wonderful evening. What a fun tradition.

Marie said...

You're ambitious, Candy! It sounds like a tradition worth saving.

Paige said...

How fun! I love sugar cookies and that sounds like a great tradition to start!