Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Music

I just got home from the "Creche" dress rehearsal. I was so touched by the music and spoken word. I know that it will be great Friday night. But now my heart is so full at this moment and the notes and words are still ringing in my ears. I love our Heavenly Father who knew that the only way back to Him was through a Savior. I love our brother Jesus Christ who came here to earth to create the way back. As a mother I have such admiration and love for Mary who as the mother of Christ taught and loved Him. I know that Joseph stood beside her and helped guide and teach that young boy. I am humbled as I try to emulate them and teach my family to love and serve as He did. I have accessed the atonement so many times this past couple of months as I have laid at His feet my trials and sadness. As I have felt His loving arms around me in the dark of the night, I know He hears and answers prayers. The music we sang tonight testified of Him just like the heavenly angels that sang the night He was born. No wonder the shepherds had to turn from their flocks to go and seek Him. The music they heard directed their hearts to Him. I hope that my heart can always be turned towards Him. I know that tonight for a brief moment I let the music touch my heart and my heart turned as I heard the music.....

4 comments:

Aundrea said...

Thanks for your powerful testimony and alway setting a good example for me:)

Rochelle said...

You have such a sweet and strong testimiony. I love reading and hearing your thoughts. I am blessed to know you.

Jodi said...

What a strong testimony you have of our Savior. Thank you for sharing it with us...you strengthen us all.

Marie said...

Thanks for your thoughts, Candy. I have struggled a bit with supporting this Creche, again, with all the other things I had going, but when the group opened with Silent Night- I just really felt grateful to be able to participate in the musical worship of this season.