Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tree Decorating 101

So, the first step in decorating the tree is to get it in the stand and standing up straight. Usually David is in charge of this but this year the girls were in charge (and Chad).
I have always put the lights on so that they get on evenly.
Lights on and now ready to break out the decorations,

Oh, wait I guess it is break time. Hot chocolate and donuts. Is the tree ever going to get done?
Finally, back to business. Let's get those ornaments on.

Chloe decided to join in the fun and saw that the back of the tree was empty.
All done! Now Autumn has to stand back and assess if she has all the ornaments hanging just right. Well if you count that she hung all of hers on the same branch and when that was full she started hanging them off each other. Someone needs to give that girl some lessons on ornament hanging. Good thing the other kids kept fixing it or the tree just might have fallen over from over load on one side!
Wait a minute, David got home from work and there were a couple saved just for him. It passed his inspection and now all our holiday decorating is complete. The only part of all the wonderful decorations is that I feel like I have to keep things really picked up so it doesn't look cluttered in my house. I just have to keep telling myself "kids live here" and that helps me cope. Merry Christmas to everyone and have fun enjoying all your holiday decorations! If you haven't already decorated good luck with decorating your tree and hope you have as much fun as we did!




5 comments:

Jodi said...

Ooooooo...a flocked tree! It looks gorgeous! And you guys look like you are having such a fabulous time. I love the pic of Autumn checking out her ornaments...too cute.

Rochelle said...

I thought about a flocked tree this year, but it ended up being just a thought. Maybe next year! I love how all your kids still kind of get into it...

Michelle said...

That looks like a wonderful family night! What a beautiful tree.

Aundrea said...

You tree looks great! We are slowly, but surely getting our decorating done! I have to keep telling myself that kids live here too! That's why mine's not done yet.

Toshia said...

I think it is funny that the pictures make the tree look flocked...won't folks be in for a surprise when they come by the house to see it!